#BIYP – Bring In Your Parents, the Best Career Advice from your parents.
When it comes to your career, you’ve likely asked your parents for advice on a tough decision, for some motivation, or simply on what to do.
In honor of Bring In Your Parents (#BIYP) day from LinkedIn, we’ve collected the best career advice our employees’ parents gave them throughout the course of their career.
- Always keep looking and moving forward.
- Dress for the job you want, not the one you have.
- You can have and achieve anything you want in life – as long as you are prepared to work for it.
- Never give-up and work hard to make your dreams become a reality.
- When choosing a career don’t worry so much about compensation or position prestige, or what others think. Chose your career based on what you enjoy doing and be willing to learn along the way. Your passion, in whatever you do, is what will set you apart and help take care of the rest.
- Success is always possible.
- Keep working hard, even though at times the odds seem to be stacked against you. If you work hard, and do your best, you will succeed.
- Be nice to people, do what’s moral and ethical, even though it may take some extra effort – karma is real.
- If you follow what you love and fail, and find yourself broke, you will be happy in your poverty – which is still better than being miserable in your wealth.
- Always save 10% of your paycheck for yourself.